A month after granting autonomy to sixty educational institutions by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, University Grants Commission on Wednesday released a list of 24 fake universities.
As per a Government of India release, following universities (state-wise) have been announced as fake.
State-wise List of fake Universities:
- Maithili University / Vishwavidyalaya, Darbhanga.
- Commercial University Ltd.
- United Nations University.
- Vocational University.
- ADR-Centric Juridical University.
- Viswakarma Open University for Self-Employment
- Adhyatmik Vishwavidyalaya (Spiritual University)
ALSO READ: O. P. Jindal Global University Granted Autonomy By UGC
- Badaganvi Sarkar World Open University Education Society.
- St. John’s University.
- Raja Arabic University.
- Indian Institute of Alternative Medicine.
- Institute of Alternative Medicine and Research.
- Varanaseya Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya.
- Mahila Gram Vidyapith/Vishwavidyalaya (Women’s University).
- Gandhi Hindi Vidyapith.
- National University of Electro Complex Homeopathy.
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose University (Open University).
- Uttar Pradesh Vishwavidyalaya.
- Maharana Pratap Shiksha Niketan Vishwavidyalaya.
- Indraprastha Shiksha Parishad.
- Nababharat Shiksha Parishad, Rourkela.
- North Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology.
- Sree Bodhi Academy of Higher Education.
This is not the first ever list. In order to make citizens aware and protect the students from being duped, UGC publishes lists of fake universities and educational institutions from time to time.